Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hola ¿Habla Inglés?

Warren and I parted ways in London, so that he could “dissertate” with minimal distractions from me. I flew to Malaga, the southern tip of Spain, and took a bus to Granada. I now start all conversations with hola...habla ingles and expect the answer to be no.













I took a segway tour my first day in Granada. We rode up to the top, which was a picturesque view of the entire city and passed through the Sacramonte gypsy area.










At the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains, the city of Granada has lots of streetside restaurants and cafes. It is a very quaint town with beautiful scenery and part of an area in Spain called Andalusia.














This is one of the street performers who provided some entertainment during my late lunch. (I seem to eat around 2 or 3 pm here to match the schedule).











Alhambra Palace is the main attraction in the area. It is an ancient fortress of the Moorish monarchs. The area is beautiful minus the numerous tourists. There are 7800 visitors per day.

Tomorrow I head to Barcelona to meet up with Jung and Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment