Sunday, November 16, 2014

8 Months


Eight months ago, my son Louie, passed away shortly after birth.

I miss him terribly and think about him everyday – which might seem odd, because – really – I never got to know him.  I held him for just a few moments before his heart slowed and eventually stopped.

There have been some lonely and dark days these past few months.  The now empty room where he should have grown up - mirrors the void left in my own heart.  But with whatever days I have left to live I will carry this precious void within me.   Close to my soul, without shame, and without regret. Silent.  And Powerful.

Louie, you will be my constant reminder that every life matters, every moment is precious, and that love truly is stronger than death.  I will see you soon enough, little buddy....on that day when everything lost is found and when everything broken is made whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment