Sunday, October 6, 2024

Made in Taiwan

One unique aspect of Taiwan culture for kids (and adults) is the world of DIY crafts.  It's reminded me of my high school scrapbooking and young adult crafting days....something I completely forgot about once the kids came along.

We've done some clay modeling (overpriced)

Tufting (you use a tufting gun to make custom carpets)

Music box creation

And there's so much more (e.g. felting, slime-making, sewing, grid art).  Crafting has been one of the best indoor activities we’ve found to beat the heat. Ellie, in particular, has taken a strong interest in all things art-related which is fun to see. 

Now that the weather is starting to cool down…meaning mid-80s, I’m looking forward to exploring anything outside.  I’ve been feeling some “cabin fever” from staying mostly indoors since we moved here.  I definitely miss bike rides, hikes, and generally being outdoors.  

Our next family adventure year travel excursion is planned to visit Chengdu, China to see the home of giant pandas (Lexi's pick).  Stay tuned and hopefully we will have some cute photos to show.  🐼  

No comments:

Post a Comment