Thursday, January 27, 2011

Doctor, Doctor, Give Me the News

Since December, I’ve been in California and Boston, working hard to finish the last edits on my dissertation, enjoying Christmas with family, and saying my final goodbyes to friends and co-workers given our impending move to San Francisco.

One of my longstanding traditions has been getting to TD Banknorth to see the Boston Celtics play the Sacramento Kings for their one annual trip to Boston. My Kings got blown out. However, my friend, Ming, who graciously brought me to the game, is a season ticket holder, which allowed him access to a shootaround that night on the “parquet floor” and I got to meet the starting center for the Celtics – Kendrick Perkins! (top left)

My brother-in-law Michael’s cat – Mochi – kept me company (top right) while I worked on the last few edits of my dissertation in Redwood City, CA. Michael and Richelle were kind enough to open their home to us for almost a month. Daily rituals included Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred, trips to Whole Foods and Jamba Juice, and feeding the dog and cats.

On January 26th, 2011, I officially passed my final Ph.D. defense! The defense proceedings took only about an hour, and I only have a few minor edits to complete before the last submission. A good friend lent me a snazzy suit (bottom left) to wear to the proceedings. A bunch of friends came out to celebrate with me that night (bottom right). Thank God, I’m finally done!

In a few days, I'll be leaving Boston and reuniting with Melissa in Taiwan. Chinese New Year, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Warren - Congratulations on being Ph.inally D.one!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete